top of page
Asset 6.png
Asset 18.png
Asset 24.png



What do I do if my car was towed by a law enforcement agency?

  1. Contact the tow company to determine which lot they have stored your vehicle.
    a. Request the total bill amount from the tow company.
    b. Determine if your car has a 30 day hold attached to it. (If yes, see 30 day hold below)

  2. You will need the following documentation:
    Title, registration or rental agreement to prove ownership/agency. If this is inside the stored vehicle, you will be allowed to retrieve it at no charge.
    If a person other than the registered owner is retrieving the vehicle, that person will need the following:
    1. An official government photo ID and/or a valid driver’s license.
    2. A signed and notarized statement from the registered owner granting permission for the named individual to retrieve the vehicle.
    3. A photo copy of the registered owner’s official government photo ID.
    4. Payment by one of the accepted methods of payment. See Payment Options below.

  3. The vehicle will be delivered to the public right of way.  It is important that you bring all necessary equipment to haul your vehicle away if it’s not drivable. You will not be permitted to bring tools with you and work on the vehicle at the tow yard for liability reasons.

What do I do if the law enforcement agency has placed a 30 day hold on the car?

  1. You still have the right to retrieve property even though the car is under a 30-day hold. No charge is assessed to you if you exercise this right.

  2. Contact the governmental agency responsible for the tow to request information on their hearing procedures.  You will be required to pay an administration/hearing fee to the governmental agency who requested the tow.

  3. If you receive a vehicle release form from the post-storage hearing officer, contact the tow company to determine the following:

  1. Which lot your vehicle is currently stored.

  2. The total amount due.

  3. What documentation is required for pick up of the vehicle.

  4. Hours of operation for the facility.

  5. You will receive a detailed invoice showing a complete break down of the charges.

What do I do if the law enforcement agency has placed a 30 day hold on the car?

  1. If you do not claim your vehicle immediately, the tow company is required by state statute to apply for an abandoned title.  

  2. When you claim your vehicle, you will be responsible for paying all towing, storage and abandoned filing charges (if applicable) associated with the tow.  These fees must be paid prior to the release of your vehicle.


Payment Options


   We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and/or debit card.  Money orders, cash advance checks, 3rd party checks, etc…. are not acceptable forms of payment. Release of the vehicle is predicated on payment and providing the appropriate identification and proof of ownership.


Each law enforcement towing contract has different a fee schedule.  These fees are not negotiable and are required to be paid period to the release of your vehicle.  This is not our policy – it is the law.  If you have questions as to the fee schedule, ask the customer service representative for additional information.

bottom of page